Tuesday 13 January 2015

Summary and targets

Overall I think the project was a really good experience and I learn a lot about how maths links to dance. Not only did I start thinking about the link between dance and maths in the Route B lessons, but also in my other lessons; for example in jazz where everything must be symmetrical - lines must be linear and angular. Symmetry is used a lot in dance, and so is rotation (rolls, pirouettes and turns). I understand more about coordinates and how to plot on graphs, and also about how to link this to dance. The lines and coordinates plotted on graphs can be used in choreography along pathways.

In future, I think I should be more involved and focused within the project to get more out of it. Also, in would like to be more creative in my choreography and to take more risks and be more adventurous in my choreography.

No comments:

Post a Comment